11th March 2022
Cycle to MIPIM is a renowned ride for anyone working in real estate. On Wednesday, 85 cyclists from the property industry embarked on their mammoth relay journey to Cannes, France. Starting in London, they will make their way to Calais over seven days before arriving at the MIPIM property conference.
Knight Frank has partnered with Club Peloton to raise money to help fund projects throughout the UK, and we are honoured to be a part of this fundraising initiative with the sponsorship of their team.
What will the riders expect?
As a relay, each rider completes an average of two allotted 50-60km team stages each day. Each rider will complete at least 840km over the seven days, but there is the opportunity to ride as much as they like if they wish (up to 1,438km and an ascent of 17,498m).
London – Folkestone - 116km
Calais - Soissons - 264km
Soissons - Auxerre - 237km
Auxerre - Chalon - 196km
Chalon - Valence 255km - 2330m
Valence - Greoux-les-Bains - 210km
Greoux-les-Bains - Cannes - 160km
How does Club Peloton Change Lives?
Club Peloton is a charity transforming the lives of vulnerable young people by supporting a number of brilliant projects.
Every Cycle to MIPIM rider is fundraising for Club Peloton so that they can continue transforming young lives by:
- Recruiting families for 1,150 children waiting longer than 18 months to find adoptive homes.
- Assisting 500 families with post-adoption support.
- Awarding 800 bikes, tandems and adapted trikes to children and young people affected by cancer.
- Supporting research to illustrate the relationship between physical and mental well-being and physical activity in children surviving cancer.
- Tackling the root causes of violent street crime through 18 amazing projects.
- Assisting the children of 27 families living with a loved one with MSA.
These projects are doing some truly amazing work. As a family-run business, we feel incredibly proud that our donation will help a mixture of children and families.
We are excited to see the rider’s progress over the next five days, and we wish them the best of luck!